Flatley Discovery Lab is an independent not-for-profit laboratory for Cystic Fibrosis drug discovery research and development. Our goal is to create patient value by accelerating the development of new treatments for CF. We are focused on discovering small molecules that help restore F508del-CFTR protein function.
FDL is searching for a highly motivated and independent medicinal chemistry leader of Senior Director/Director of Medicinal Chemistry to lead our drug discovery programs. The desired applicant should have demonstrated experience in advancing compounds from hit ID through development candidate selection. The ability to lead multidisciplinary groups and interact effectively with preclinical functions (CMC and Toxicology) is essential. The candidate must possess a strong understanding of molecular properties and DMPK concepts with a track record of innovation and creative problem solving. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the ability to manage and execute medicinal chemistry strategies at various CRO’s.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The candidate will be primarily responsible for formulating and executing medicinal chemistry strategies in a fast-paced discovery research team.
- Design novel SAR molecules to support lead optimization programs. Manage and execute synthesis of medicinal chemistry compounds at CRO’s.
- Perform multi-parameter optimization of lead series to develop high quality development candidates.
- Engage FDL scientists and managers in strategic discussions, providing input on the direction of the science.
- Maintain productive relationships with project team members and communicate progress against goals in a multidisciplinary setting: HTS, electrophysiology, cell biology, medicinal chemistry and external collaborators.
- Support FDL lead generation and validation efforts by reviewing and triaging HTS hits and other exploratory compounds.
- Prepare written reports for project teams; present results at project team meetings.
- Serve as patent liaison and contribute to the management of FDL intellectual property.
- Maintain the highest level of professional standards for laboratory safety and record keeping.
- D in synthetic/medicinal chemistry with a minimum of 8 years post-degree research experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- A demonstrated ability to execute multi-step synthesis routes and multi-parameter compound optimization; evidence of creative solutions to complex synthesis problems.
- Experience managing research at external CRO’s
- Candidate should be an innovative, data-driven, analytical thinker with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be highly disciplined, organized and motivated
Flatley Discovery Lab, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.