Flatley Discovery Lab is an independent not-for-profit drug discovery and development organization. Our goal is to create patient value by accelerating the development of small molecules that help restore F508del-CFTR protein function to treat cystic fibrosis.
FDL is searching for a highly motivated and talented Research Associate to join our Electrophysiology team. The candidate will be responsible for conducting experiments that measure the ability of test compounds to restore function of the most common CFTR mutant, F508del. To achieve this goal, the candidate will perform cell culture of primary airway cells and evaluate efficacy of test compounds in primary cells using electrophysiological assays.
- Perform all aspects of cell culture, including buffer preparation, culture initiation, and propagation.
- Treatment of primary cells with test compounds and preparation for electrophysiology experiments.
- Perform Ussing chamber and equivalent current electrophysiology experiments.
- Demonstrated and proficient skills in standard cell culture procedures and associated aseptic techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to perform laboratory studies, including basic calculations and data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field with ≥2 years’ laboratory experience
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Cell culture experience
- Experience with culture of primary human airway cells
- Expertise in electrophysiology assays (Ussing Chamber or Equivalent Current)
Flatley Discovery Lab, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.