Our Mission: Flatley Discovery Lab is an independent not-for-profit laboratory for Cystic Fibrosis drug discovery research and development. Our goal is to create patient value by accelerating development of new treatments for CF. We are focused on discovering small molecules that help restore misfolded F508del-CFTR protein function.
Entry Level Research Associate: We are currently seeking a creative and highly motivated scientist with a chemistry-based background to join our team and our efforts to make a difference. The role of this individual will entail purchasing and tracking chemical orders, compound registrations, compound inventory, weighing and solubilizing compounds, and plate creation for biological testing. Candidate may also perform cell culture. Familiarity with cheminformatics and robotics is highly suggested. This position requires attention to detail, ability to work in a team environment, good communication skills, and organization skills.
- BS or relevant scientific discipline such in chemistry or related discipline
- 2 years’ experience in required
- Ability to work effectively in a creative and entrepreneurial environment
- Good oral, written and organizational skills
- Experience with cheminformatics and robotics is desired
- Weighing and solubilizing of compounds and plate creating required
- Experience with ChemDraw and data entry is desired
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Team oriented, enthusiastic, flexible with good communication