Flatley Discovery Lab is an independent not-for-profit laboratory for Cystic Fibrosis drug discovery research and development. Our goal is to create patient value by accelerating development of new treatments for CF. We are focused on discovering small molecules that help restore misfolded F508del-CFTR protein functions.
Flatley Discovery Lab, a not-for- profit for Cystic Fibrosis research lab, is seeking volunteers to join our growing team of scientists and researchers in Charlestown, MA.
We will consider candidates from recent graduates to retired professionals.
Gain Laboratory Experience
Need to gain practical laboratory experience? We have positions in cell culture, high-throughput screening, protein purification, standard lab techniques, such as Western blots, PCR cloning, site directed mutagenesis, cell transfection, siRNA knockdowns and cell based assays, cell/molecular biology and protein biochemistry. In multiple cases our laboratory volunteers have transitioned to full time FDL employees.
- BS or MS in a relevant scientific discipline such as biology, pharmacology, chemistry or pharmacy
- 0-2 years’ experience in a research environment
- Ability to work effectively in a creative and entrepreneurial environment
- Good oral, written and presentation skills
- Experience with text mining or data mining of scientific databases is desired
- Team oriented, enthusiastic, flexible with good communication and organization skills
- Would prefer at least a one year commitment
Flatley Discovery Lab, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.