Flatley Discovery Lab is an independent not-for-profit laboratory for Cystic Fibrosis drug discovery research and development. Our goal is to create patient value by accelerating development of new treatments for CF. We are focused on discovering small molecules that help restore misfolded F508del-CFTR protein functions.
Flatley Discovery Lab, a not-for- profit for Cystic Fibrosis research lab, is seeking volunteers to join our growing team of scientists and researchers in Charlestown, MA.
We will consider candidates from recent graduates to retired professionals.
Literature/Data Mining Researchers who will become part of a ten member team, searching for novel compounds from literature and other subscriber tools. We are currently seeking creative and highly motivated scientists to join our data mining research group. The role will entail using PubMed, SciFinder, GeneGo and other database and/or computational tools to identify cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) ligands that improve function and trafficking of misfolded F508del-CFTR. This position requires working with a team of researchers but individually selecting compounds that then will undergo biological testing in our lab. Team members will then get to choose and have compounds tested in the lab monthly.
- BS or MS in a relevant scientific discipline such as biology, pharmacology, chemistry or pharmacy
- 0-2 years’ experience in a research environment
- Ability to work effectively in a creative and entrepreneurial environment
- Good oral, written and presentation skills
- Experience with text mining or data mining of scientific databases is desired
- Team oriented, enthusiastic, flexible with good communication and organization skills
- Would prefer at least a one year commitment